1.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Japan one hundred years ago

Today’s date is April, 29th, 2013. I’m living in 21st century. However, if I had been born 100 years ago, my life would be completely different. Around 1900, Japan was in middle of Meiji Era. Japan was going to change from agricultural industry to manufacturing industry in this period. Therefore, there was no electricity, no waterworks, and no gas yet. Of course, our ordinary household appliances such as a washing machine, a refrigerator, and a TV didn’t exist yet. This fact would considerably affect my life in 100 years ago. First of all, because of no electricity, I think my life would be simpler than now. For example, I cannot use light at night, so I sleep early and get up early every day. It is very good for health. May be laundering would be hand-washing, but it is good exercise. Therefore, life in 100 years ago is more health than now. Secondly, clothes are also very different. People who lived in this time still wore a kimono in Japan, so there is no T-shirt. Wearing jeans is no way! I would absolutely wear a kimono. I think it is hard to wear it, but I like it because it is cool for me, and it can show Japanese tradition to foreign countries. Finally, I cannot come to Hawaii for studying abroad. It is so sad! I think I would not think about English and studying abroad if I was in this time because I would be not sure about foreign countries. These were my life if I had been born 100 years ago. It is entirely different now. However, I’m confidence for enjoying the life 100years ago

Source   http://bd7say.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/if-i-had-been-born-100-years-ago/http://bd7say.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/if-i-had-been-born-100-years-ago/

No comments:

Post a Comment